So I hope you had at least about a dozen laughs yesterday. Today, we will see how those laughter affected your body.
Laughter does the following as research shows -
1. It lowers blood pressure.
2. It decreases the stress hormones.
3. It boosts the immune system by raising levels of infection-fighting cells.
4. It increases the proteins that fight diseases
5. It triggers the release of endorphins which are the body's natural pain-killers.
(Drs.Lee & Beck)
6.It empties the lungs more, resulting in a cleansing effect. Very beneficial for people with emphysema and other breathing or lung conditions.
7. As a cardiac exercise, a belly laugh is equivalent to jogging and as Norman Cousins stated it is internal jogging.
So laughter is an aerobic exercise.
On Monday, we will have a guest blogger - Laughter Specialist, occupational therapist from UK, who has researched and uses laughter in her practice. So return to check it out. Tomorrow how laughter helps you mentally, emotionally and spritually?