Forget about "an apple a day keeps the doc Away" Try Laughter instead!
So I hope you had at least about a dozen laughs yesterday. Today, we will see how laughter affected your body. One of my readers commented that he laughed sometimes by himself. That is what Laughter Therapy is all about. Dr. Kateria from Mumbai, who started Laughter Clubs found that laughing without reason is the only way to sustain daily laughter. In India, people meet in the parks for half an hour laughter exercise before going to work. I must admit, it is quite a challenge to do it by oneself especially if others around are not aware of what you're doing or why you're doing it? However, not laughing daily had its negative consequences as I found out - it did lower my immune system.
Laughter does the following as research shows -
1. It lowers blood pressure.
2. It decreases the stress hormones.
3. It boosts the immune system by raising levels of infection-fighting cells.
4. It increases the proteins that fight diseases
5. It triggers the release of endorphins which are the body's natural pain-killers.
(Drs.Lee & Beck)
6.It empties the lungs more, resulting in a cleansing effect. Very beneficial for people with emphysema and other breathing or lung conditions and especially in the Flu Season.
7. As a cardiac exercise, a belly laugh is equivalent to jogging and as Norman Cousins stated, it is internal jogging.
For those who forgot what a Belly Laugh is, this little video might refresh your memories. And if you laugh more, memories become clearer! So could you answer these couple of questions? 1.Name a few types of laughter?