Monday, August 4, 2008

Snoring statistics

If you thought Snoring was just an annoyance, a nuisance, or harmless, think again.
These are the statistics that I have compiled from various authorities.

1. 59% of adults snore which means 6 out of 10 in a survey done by National Sleep Foundation 2005.

2. Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) statistics reveal that 30% of adults start snoring by age 30 with a 2:1 male/female ratio with the gap closing after menopause. The number increases till fifth decade or the fifties, then the number decreases. Why? The declining number after 50 is attributed to the demise of these snorers due to heart attacks and strokes.
(Vancouver Sleep and Breath Centre)

3.By middle age, 40% of the population snores in Great Britain (British Med. 97)

4. 5.6% of children snore habitually.

However, there are effective measures to reduce or eliminate snoring. I will share some with you tomorrow, especially the one I found most effective.
Agapelife

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what I really hate to sleep with my sister cause she has this problem and she disturbed me through out the night.

DIGG